The manager will be responsible for overall operation of the building during his/her assigned shift. This will include both FOH and BOH staff and ensuring their assigned task are being completed in a timely manner. You will be responsible for line-check 30 minutes prior to the beginning of service. Double checking all stations prior to service for station readiness. Running a short shift meeting prior to the beginning of service with a daily focus. You will be responsible for having a clean uniform and leading each shift from the “expo” window. This will ensure all dishes are completed correctly and up to the high standard we are holding ourselves accountable for. You will also be periodically walking out to greet tables and discuss service. We will not do any fly by’s, but try to hold a meaningful conversation and get to know our guest. This role will be crucial in communication to both sides of the house and with other managers. Any details and all shift activities will need to be logged in the managers book. Finally, you will be responsible for drawer break down and nightly deposits.
One of the most important aspects is the safety of your staff and executing delicious food with an elevated level of service. That is the Cookshack way!!
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Following the opening and closing procedures to the letter
- The “Total” guest experience
- Opening and Closing and balancing cash drawers
- Watching and plating all food to control food quality
- Thaw Pull with kitchen staff
- Checking in Orders
- Nightly deposit
- HCAAP Check
- Line Check Prior to Shifts
- Food Knowledge of every dish
- Performing all required positions if needed in the restaurant
- Table Side Guest Visits